Urbanity is Looking for New Talent
join our urbanity
Urbanity is an up and coming studio founded in 2019 with big goals for future growth and expansion. Joining our team now puts you at the forefront of our success. This an amazing opportunity to contribute and make your mark on the Chicago dance community.
DANCE INSTRUCTOR POSITIONS
What are we looking for?
- Aspiring full-time dancers with grit, creativity, and a passion for teaching.
- Team players who enjoy innovating and exploring unique collaborations and opportunities.
- Individuals who are looking for a long term commitment and are excited to contribute knowledge and fresh ideas to a new growing business.
- Strong values regarding quality pedagogy, inclusivity, and creating good community culture is a must.
- Dance degrees or certifications are preferred but not required.
- Teaching experience in the following dance styles is helpful but not required: Reggaeton, Afro-Cuban, Cumbia, House, Music Theory.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive pay rates for group classes, privates, and event entertainment gigs.
- Free unlimited dance classes.
- Free or discounted rental space for freelance privates, rehearsals, and hosting events.
- Free training and shadowing opportunities in Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba, Zouk, Cha Cha, and basic American-style Ballroom from certified instructors who have had significant collaborations with our industry's top talent.
- Additional support and learning materials for improving your pedagogy and class structure.
Urbanity Dance Chicago is hiring for part-time administrative, marketing, & sales support. We are looking for a scrappy, resourceful, hard worker who has great communication & writing skills. Applicant must be prepared to join a new, growing, small business and willing to help further refine & solidify our work processes. Training will be provided but some experience in marketing, WordPress, and booking software (preferably WellnessLiving) is a plus. This position does require in-person shifts, but some tasks may be done remotely.
Applicant needs to be available for the following in person:
- A minimum of 3 front desk shifts per week from 5:30-9:30pm
- Potential opening/closing for weekend rentals (advance notice given)
- Studio Preparation: floors & trash take out before front desk shift, floors & trash take out before & after event rentals plus renter orientation for sound, lights, and other event requirements
Work duties that can be done remotely include the following:
- Initial Rental Communications: answering online inquiries, creating quotes, scheduling tours
- Basic WellnessLiving Processes: processing registrations, updating schedules & rosters
- Content Writing & Basic Ad Creation: researching & creating content for social media, designing basic ad graphics via Canva, social media re-shares
- Basic Website Updates: adding new monthly calendars, upcoming events, new video content & photos